Software Data Engineer
- Berlin, Germany
- With Professional-Experience
Simplaex is the company behind the world’s most advanced Artificial Intelligence-powered user classification technology. The platform provides solutions for the programmatic advertising ecosystem to reduce complexity, create a new kind of transparency, and to boost performance across the full bandwidth of the value chain. Simplaex processes tens of Terra Bytes a day, generates unique insights through machine learning and allows for sub-second querying in a high-throughput and low-latency environment.
We are looking for a kick-ass Software Data Engineer, who cares about quality code. She or he is passionate to build an innovative AI solution for programmatic publishers with cutting edge technologies in a large-scale distributed system which includes (real!) big data and high throughput environments.
- Create a generic environment for Simplaex’s AI audience platform.
- Build a big data solution to manage and process hundreds of Terabytes a day.
- Construct a framework which allows access to dynamic multi-dimensional data-sets in a sub-second.
- Work closely with data scientists and deliver outputs at scale.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with a deep understanding of Core Java and/or Scala, especially in Concurrency and Multi-threaded programming (native, Actor model, Akka).
- High proficiency with big data solutions (Hadoop, Spark, parquet) and large messaging infrastructures (Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Strong know-how of NOSQL solutions (Casandra, DynamoDB, elastic, druid, Impala, presto), Java server development and cloud services (Amazon EC2).
- Knowledge of SQL databases and capable of comfortably crafting queries.
- Smart interdisciplinary team-player who appreciates a dynamic startup culture.
What we offer you:
At Simplaex we believe in ownership, productivity, mutual respect and freedom to do the things we need to do. Each team member has a large degree of autonomy to accomplish his or her tasks and can rely on others for help, guidance and support. Our team enjoys a highly professional atmosphere and an environment where a good laugh is always welcome.
- Bright and stylish office in the heart of Berlin.
- Diverse and international team with over 15 nationalities.
- Base salary corresponding with experience and responsibilities.
- Stock options program.
- 27 days of holiday.
- Free fruits, snacks, drinks and strong coffee.